100 Ways to Tell Someone You Love Them
Are the butterflies in the stomach love or that giddy feeling when you see the person is or is that broad smile? So many different signs and feelings that can indicate love. But are these ultimate cues of love?
Most probably not. They may lead you to feel so, because of the movies and shows but that is not the reality.
So how do we know that we are in love? What are the cues we are looking for? How do we actually know that the feeling is love and not just infatuation?
So much confusion just to decode a four-letter word. Let’s answer these three questions to figure out the four-letter word. Are these the only questions that matter? Definitely not.
There are multiple questions and things you need to consider before you take the big step of proposing or saying a yes to the proposal to the love of your life. But these 3 questions will help you at least ensure what you are feeling about them and what should be your next step.
What is love?
Starting with our very first question, how do we know it’s love?
Love is not simple, nor does it have a simple explanation. It is different for every person and every relationship and bond demands different types of love. Let’s talk about how we know it’s love in a romantic relationship.
The feeling of love is very wholesome. We feel the importance and priority of the other person. It’s not only us who are putting in the effort. They understand you and your problems and difficulties. The trust and respect is mutual.
They know you are not perfect but don’t want you to change. Your growth as an individual is as important. These are some of the key points you can look out for. Take your time in deciding how and what you feel.
What is the difference between love and infatuation?
That brings us to the second question: How do we differentiate between love and infatuation?
Sometimes the lines are clearly visible while sometimes they aren’t. Most of the time it is blurred. How do we figure out our feelings? Is it easy? No. Is there a step-by-step procedure by which you can know? Again no. But there are some indicators that will point out the fact that it’s love or just infatuation.
Let’s get into discussing some of these indicators. First of all, if it’s just infatuation the things you liked about the person will fade away. The feeling of how perfect the person goes away and it causes irritation. The attraction deems down. It doesn’t feel like a fairy tale anymore. These are a few things you can look for while trying to weigh your options: it’s love or mere infatuation.
Coming to the third and most important question: What are the cues to look for?
The cues can be mixed signals or confusing from one end or both ends. You or the other might be confused or not sure or would want to take your time making the decision. But their actions would always show how they feel if not their words. If they don’t feel the attachment they’ll pull away and act hot and cold, on the other hand, if they do genuinely love you they become even more interested in every detail of your life.
They will want to know you and everyone related to you better. Your schedule, likes, and dislikes will matter to them. They try hard not to upset you or make you feel unwanted. They’ll be proud to introduce you to everyone. These are definitely some cues and actions you should be looking for when you feel confused or unsure. The actions are usually a dead giveaway of the feelings.
Also read: How to Know if You Love Someone- 25 Signs
100 best ways to tell someone you love them
How to tell someone you love them? Now that we know how to figure out if we love someone or not by asking or answering these 3 questions, let’s find out 100 ways in which you can tell someone you love them.
Isn’t the question: How to tell someone you love them scary in itself?
It does feel intimidating to explain to someone why you love them for sure. It is definitely a leap of faith. But telling someone you love them doesn’t necessarily mean spelling out the 3 words. It can be said in multiple ways. You can show someone you love them in multiple ways too.
Let’s discuss a few of them. By few, I meant 100 ways of how to tell someone you love them. These many should suffice for a while ;). What to say to someone you love? How to tell someone how you feel about them?
Check out 100 ways you can tell someone you love them:
- I love you (the most obvious one)
- Take care
- Drive safe
- Text when you reach home safe
- I’ll drop you home/walk you home
- I bought you flowers (anything else they prefer…beer/chocolates)
- I made you…..(food/card)
- Sorry, I am late
- I miss you
- I need you
- I want to see you
- I want to hole/cuddle/ kiss you
- I miss your voice
- Can I hold your hand
- Being protective
- Sharing playlist
- Planning something they absolutely love you might not enjoy it as much
- Playing video games together
- Watching a football/ any other game or movie together
- Taking care of the when unwell
- You mean the world to me
- I love you to the moon and back
- I love you 3000
- I love you to infinity and beyond
- I respect you
- I cherish you
- I respect and value your family and traditions
- I am blessed to have you in my life
- You inspire me
- You’re my treasure
- No one matters but you
- I am head over heels for you
- I have fallen for you deep and hard
- You’re all I see
- My heart calls out for you
- I yearn you
- You intoxicate me
- You had me from hello
- You are my most prized possession
- You are the one for me
- I’ll always choose you
- I’m drawn to you
- You are my strength
- I never want to say goodbye
- You set my heart on fire
- You make my heart skip a beat
- You bring out the best in me
- I am all yours
- It reminds me of you
- We can share
- I appreciate you
- I like me better when I am with you
- I adore you
- I live for our love
- I am blessed to have you in my life
- I am yours
- My love is unconditional
- Just the thought of you brings a smile on my face
- Me. You. Always
- We were meant to be together
- You are my world
- You are my sunshine
- You light up my life
- You give me wings
- You simply amaze me
- You’re the best thing that has ever happened to me
- You are the one I always wished for
- It reminded me of you
- I dreamt about you last night
- I made reservations
- It looks good on you
- I saved a piece for you
- Call me if you need anything
- No reason
- I’ll meet you halfway
- I want you to have this
- Stay there. I am coming to get you
- I saved you a seat
- You can do it
- You don’t have to say anything
- Close your eyes and hold out your hands
- After you
- I missed you
- I am grateful that I can always count on you
- You make my life meaningful
- You have made such a difference in my life
- You bring out the best parts of me
- I want and will always care for you
- I care about how you feel
- I never want to hurt your feelings
- I wish you could see yourself the way I see you
- Your happiness is my happiness
- I want to be a better person because of you
- I admire how [any characteristic] you are
- You and I get along so well
- I love how safe you make me feel
- I love your smile
- I will always be loyal to you
- You look amazing
- You understand me so well
These are some of the ways of how to tell someone you love them. These are the best ways to tell someone you love them.
Everyone’s love language® is different. And so the way of saying I love you to everyone is different. Some prefer to touch, some want gifts and some enjoy just spending time with you, and every way of saying and showing love is correct.
Check out Gary Chapman’s take on the 5 love languages who introduced this concept:
The concept of right and wrong doesn’t stand. It’s only what makes you happy that counts. So be bold, and go and confess your love to that person before it’s too long.
Do something cheesy, say something sweet, and make them fall in love with you all over again. Prove to them why you are their best decision and they yours.
Go on, love with all your heart. Take the risk, let love win just one more time. Go for it, say out loud. Let them know, tell them you love them.